Monday, December 1, 2008

There is a message board on babycenter.com just for partial and complete molar pregnancies. I am so thankful for this site. What did people do before the internet?? I have found a place where people know exactly what I'm feeling and are going through the same thing. There is a thread called Stories where people answer the questions below in bold and you can see what others "stories" are and are able to compare and relate to each other's experiences. Here's my "story" that I filled out for the thread.

Signs of mp during pregnancy? Some cramping (Dr. kept saying this was normal) I had a tiny bit of spotting at 10 weeks so we went in for an ultrasound and saw a perfect baby with a perfect heartbeat (171)...but the baby measured 8 weeks...after that...no signs...super tired, bloated.
How far were you when mp was diagnosed? I was 12 weeks along. The baby no longer had a heartbeat. My D&C was scheduled for the next day. I didn't find out it was a PMP until 2 weeks after my D&C when I had my follow up appt.
What language did the doctor use to diagnose you? I was shocked to find out they even tested my tissue because they said since it was my first loss they weren't going to. Dr. said baby had 3 times the amount of chromosomes, and it came back as a partial molar. That I would have to get my levels tested to make sure it goes down and that I should get my cycle 4-6 weeks after D&C and then can try to conceive again in 3 months. I also heard him mention cancer which completely freaked me out.
What is the track your hcg levels have taken?2 weeks after D&C:113 3 weeks: 45 4 weeks: 36
When did Aunt Flo come? Was it normal? Still waiting...(update started 12/4 WOO HOO)Dr. reccommendation for trying again?3 months
Previous Pregnancies? a high risk pregnancy that resulted in perfect identical twin girls...I sometimes secretly wonder if they did a number on my body and I won't be able to carry another baby. I pray that's not the case.
Outlook? Hopeful, and terrified. I hope it doesn't take us long to get pregnant once we are ready,but I know I'll be a nervous wreck. We pray God blesses us with a healthy baby to complete our family.
Worst thing someone's said to me: Well, you have your daughters so you'll be ok.. (I loved this baby too, yes, we are blessed to have our girls but that doesn't mean this baby wasn't important and so wanted and loved)
Best/Most helpful thing anyone has said to me: I have had 2 friends who consistently check in on me and make sure my levels are going down after each appt. It really means a lot that they care.
Hardest things to get through: Answering my girls' questions and them daily talking about our baby in Heaven.
Best moments: My relationship with my DH growing throughout this.
Final comments: So glad I found this message board!

In other news, we got our tree tonight. We were suppossed to get it yesterday, but it was raining all day! So, we waited...the girls were SO excited. It was so fun, and it was their first year to help decorate. I love Christmas time!

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

I just found your blog, Tiffany, and was reading about your experience. Regarding people saying "you should be thankful you have the girls...", I am shocked at how insensitive people can be!! We were saddened so greatly by your family's loss and I think of ya'll often. Keep in touch. Love, Kimmie