Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Mary had a little...Jesus?

So, Mikayla has been asking a lot of questions about Jesus' family. I have a friend who is the youth director at a church and she said this is the age where they are so curious about it all. Well, the other day Mikayla is singing the nursery rhyme Mary Had A Little Lamb...and instead of lamb she said Jesus, and then said, "and everywhere that Mary went Jesus was sure to follow". LOL. This has been her new favorite song to sing. They still are having a hard time understanding Joseph is married to Mary but God is Jesus' Father. I told them that Joseph was like a dad to Jesus though. I don't think they are at an age to go into different types of families. I don't want to talk about step-parents and all that because I don't think they are old enough to know they don't need to worry about their family breaking apart. Probably when they start school and see many different types of families we'll discuss it.

In other funny sayings, Brianna told me out of no where that she is my "miracle of life" and I am the "hero of her life". She cracks me up. I don't know where they get this stuff.

No comments: