Friday, June 12, 2009

My Fish!

The girls are in refresher swim lessons, through ISR, since they haven't been in the pool since last September. Last year when they took lessons they basically just learned survival skills. How to float, and roll over and get the wall of the pool. No actual swimming was really going on. It was fine with me, because my big worry was that we have a pool, and I wanted them to be safe. Well, now they are actually swimming! Their last week of refresher lessons is next week, and it's just AMAZING how far they've come. We went to the Y's pool with friends yesterday, and they both were swimming for dive sticks!!! They are amazing me. A month ago Mikayla HATED to be in the pool, and now I think she likes it more than Brianna! Crazy. The other newest thing, is that Mikayla is OBSESSED with Belle (the Disney princess). She's always been her favorite, and has liked her, but it's an all new level now. The past two weeks I've had to do her hair so it's touching her shoulder like Belle's...and the other day she noticed a picture of Belle where one side touched her shoulder and the other side didn't. Mikayla freaked out that her hair wasn't exactly like Belle's. So I had to pin back one side of her hair. She immediately lit up, and ran to the mirror and kept spinning around saying she looked just like Belle. Oh my gosh. This poor little boy has such girly sisters ;).

1 comment:

lovemyboys said...

I love that picture of the girls!!! It is so neat!!!!