Wednesday, June 27, 2007

I can't believe it's the end of June already. Last week was really busy. Nelson and I celebrated our 4 year anniversary. Our friends, Sara and Dan, got married on Saturday. They really are great together and it was really nice being part of their big day.

The girls are going through quite the stage. They really are pushing all my buttons. They say "no" to everything, they have this new SHRIEK, they are just wild at times. I do discipline, but disciplining toddlers is not easy. Oh my, I hope I get through this time in one piece ;). They are just too smart for their own good. I also think because they are so verbal it gets hard. They have so much they want to say and can say that they are loud all day long.

Nelson and I took them to their first movie today. We saw about 15 min. of Happy Feet. We had to get there 30 min. early since it was a free movie. So they actually sat 45 min. The movie just wasn't a very fast start...so it didn't keep their attention. We are going to try again when they show Barnyard. We'll see. I love doing new things with them. I took pictures at the movies...yes, I am that mom. I'll be crying and taking pictures when they go to kindergarten...and every other milestone in their lives. Makes me tear up thinking about kindergarten!

It's so weird how they were both growing in my tummy at the same time, born at the same time, look so much alike, and are SO different. Brianna is "the baby". Acts like it too, but definitely a leader, and mischevious. She is a big Mama's girl, a picky eater, a smile that's contagious, and a big talker...will repeat anything you say. Mikayla, is my sweet nurturing girl. She's a Daddy's girl, loves food, loves baby dolls, has a stubborn side, is a deep thinker, and has a laugh that could make your day! Everyone keeps saying they are almost 2! I am SO not ready for that. It's 4 months away...NOT almost here ;)

OK~Going to run...I'll try to post soon.

No comments: